Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day~!

Wishing all Mothers around a Warm Happy Mother's Day ~!!

Sister and I didn't know what to get fer my momma so we decided to write sumthin fer her...

Sister's one goes like this..

Dearest Mum,

This poem was written for a contest on Fly fm, “Your Mama Rocks” Although I didn’t win the contest, I wanted you to know that to me, “You Rock!”

Yo mama, you really rock
Well I think you do, cos’ mum’s day I forgot,
So now I want from FLY the flowers & box of chocs
..Yes mum, you rock

Yo mama, you really rock
Your voice could be heard across the block
Although you justify “that’s how I talk”
Yes mum, you rock.

Yo mama you really rock
You’re so cool, you think you own “Jln Tan Cheng Lock”
You hoot at every car that comes along
Doesn’t matter if it’s a Perodoa, Merc or Ford
Yes mum, you rock!

Yo mama, you really rock
Your cooking is better than Summer Palace Tai Thong,
Guess what I wanna say is, “I love you lot"
And of course, once again..
..Yes mum , you rock..


Yea...
So I decided to write sumthin too...
Mine goes sumthin like this..

Mom .. Mom.. Mom..
Your everyday scolding ain’t no psalm,
Sometimes u can bomb me like Napalm ,
And sometimes you seem crueler than Saddam.

From not letting me go out,
To the “power” in your shout,
You sometimes can scare the birds,
With the thunder in your words.

But I know all this is done for the good of me,
Although sometimes it may seem that I’m unable to see,
There many things that we just can’t seem to agree,
Which makes us resort to asking Chi-Chi. (Sister in Hokkien)

From keeping the house neat and clean,
To making me eat all my greens,
You underpaid job as a mum never seems to be done,
With a son like me, you certainly are Supermom!

I’ll try to lighten your burdens by studying harder,
So I won’t end up as a road sweeper,
I’ll graduate someday and I’ll bring my certificate home,
Don’t worry, I won’t send you to the old folk’s home.

Sometimes a simple thank you is not enough,
It wouldn’t make a difference if I bought you a whole lotta stuff,
So I decided to write sumthin from the bottom of my heart,
It saved me a lot of money too, aren’t I smart?

You should not only be appreciated on the second week of May,
Gifts flowers and thank you cads should be given to you everyday,
There’s so much more I want to say,
But there aren't words to describe what you do for me from day to day,
Mom, please let me play football today,
Thanks for being my mom, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!


Lolz..
When I read to her the "Mom, please let me play football today," part..
In the middle of no where.. she actually said.. NO!!!
ahahah..

I guess she kinda liked it..
Better than buying things that end up in the cupboard or at a corner where Indian mosquitos can dance around..

So I guess this saves a lot of money for Father's Day.. Birthdays and Christmas...~~!

If ya huvn't got anythin fer yer momma yet, please do..
Dozn't need to be sumthin expensive... Well if u want can la..
But jez sumthin ta let her noe u appreciaite her..

SO yea..
If yer really broke ure welcome to copy the poems.. =O)

Cheers~!

No comments: