Thursday, May 18, 2006

GREASE was not LIGHTNING..

The highly anticipated Musical of GREASE reached Malaysian Shores just this week..!
With The Star giving good reviews on a Nostalgic performance, it really hyped up my expectations since it was Grease..

Grase was like THE Musical of all time..
If you have not watched the movie...
YOU'RE A LOSER!!!
lolz..
I'm jez kiddin'
DUn worry.. Xiang yer not..
(Btw... Xiang was not watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S)
....... i know..!!

Anywayz.. if uve not watched Grease,
..your life is not complete!
So run down to Ernest's house and borrow it from him...
and yes.. u can also buy it at any DVD.. VCD store..

It looks something like this..


ALthough Grease was released in 1978...

The Smooth Moves of Mr. John Travolta ( Yes he WAS thin and Could dance)
but now he looks like this...



and the breathtaking voice of Pretty lil Ms. Oliva Newton John still echos in the living rooms of many...

HOwever...
Me.. Being a big fan of Theatre and Drama, Orchestras and Musicals..
I found The Grease Musical highly dissapointing for numerous factors..

- The supposed "John Travolta" could not fill in the shoes as the main man of the show.. Didn;t stand out.. His voice ain't that good too.

-The music was not good.. Sounded like a keyboard being played...

-The whole plot of the musical was a faded shadow of the movie itself..
Maybe because the movie was like.... GREASEEE MAN!!!!! so.. it's kinda hard to live up to the mind set of the high standard set....

-I had a mild stomach ache during the show... so yea.. distracted me abit..
lolz.. lets just say.. ppl behind me should have gotten discounts for their seats..


I think I shan't go on.. I'm starting to get angry..

...I mean.. c'mon.. It's GREASE MAN!!
and i turned out like that..

OK nvm.....Happy thoughts... happy thoughts..

After the show..
Could see all the "Auntys" and "Uncles" who were hoping to relive their olden golden days all highly dissapointed with their long faces...

If yer lookin fer musicals to check out..
I highly recommend

Saturday Night Fever
... awesome stuff..

Gets ya entertained from da minute ya walk in..

Riverdance...



Riverdanc was like..
Owh Amm GEee man..
I wanted to Jump on the stage to tap dance with them...



Stomp is pretty good too




They could make really catchy beats out fo ANYTHIN~!
Even plastic bags..
lolz..
When i got in the car after the show..
I started tapping on everythin I see..
From the car window.. to the car seat..
Mom was like..
"EH..!! Can you ..STOP BANGIN AH..!! YOU WANNA BANG SO MUCH YOU CAN STOP STUYDING AND JOIN THEM !!"

YEap..
These are my all fav Top 3..
No idea how you can catch them.. doubt they'll ever come back to M'sia..

If yall are really semangat..
Yall should catch Actorlympics...



If yall are fans of "Who's Line Is It Anyway?"
Yall wud definately fall in love with Actorlympics..
It's like the Malaysian Version of Who's Line...

With doods like Jason Lo..Haresh Iskandar and Afdlin Shauki..
you could actually end up rolling on the floor laughing..

It's From the 31st May to 4th June ..
So if ure ever free around that time..
DO drop by Bangsar Shopping Centre...

Log on to... http://www.theactorsstudio.com.my/shows.phtml for more info..

Anywayz..
here are some pics from the dissapointing Grease Musical..



The Packed Crowd..


Cast..


The Famous.. GREASE LIGHTNING~!! (The Car)



The Camera Phone had better quality than my camera...
...my cam sucks.... like bugs..






The FInale...


Overall..
I'd give Grease a C+

My Fav pic of the day...
The Beautiful Twin Towers..

3 comments:

+mikachirifu+ said...

WAT?.. i'm gonna watch GREASE this sunday!!!... lmao..
but yea, riverdance was cool.. u wanna tap?.. i've got extra shoes.. *winkz*

Anonymous said...

ohno... riverdance is not coming back??? argh... i missed last years one...

Anonymous said...

hehe... i meant a few years ago's riverdance