Thursday, February 19, 2009

Adelaide!

Gday Mates!

Great ta hear yall are doin miserably without me back home..

Ahahaa.. Just kiddin man..

My flight was great..

Slept all the way.

Im still homeless.. But it's all good. Bunking at two different places at the mo. Both in city. Gonna check a place in the suburbs later. Probabbly gonna stay with some locals. Hope they like Malaysian fart. Quite on form these days. Must be all that subway with onions. Weather's good.. Always breezy.. I really like Adelaide.
Think I can get used to this lifestyle.

Everyone here's really nice. Random conversations with strangers are pretty common. Still not used to not J walking. It's like even when there are no cars, people are willing to wait for the traffic light to cross the street. And they'll walk to the end of the road at the pedestrian crossing just to get to the other side. No more waving the Tunku Abdul Rahman Merdeka Hand at cars while crossing.

Oh yeah.. And the water here's abit salty i must say. The currents probably pushed the water from Krabi all the way here. Bloody Ji Fai...



Anyways..


I'll just briefly take yall on a photo tour of Adelaide.



Here's Rundle Street, probbably the busiest street in the town. This is where all the shops are. Pretty common to see ppl basking, doing magic tricks, playing with wierd balls and stuff just to get a couple of dollars.




This is Rundle Street at night. So not used to everything closing at 5. It's day light savings now so.. yeah, everything's just a lil faster.

I've met ppl from everywhere.. America, Germany, Switzerland, Canada.. etc etc.. but I've not met any Australians..

Lol.. Wierd eh?




Anyways.. We hit the beach on Tuesday. Was really cool. Can see myself spending most of my time here. Supposed to go surfing the other day. But there wasn't space for me in the car. So.. Oh Well..





Some Americans and Canadians I met..



Was having a good laugh about our cultural differences.

Mike the guy wearing red in front was asking the Canadians how they say Tomato.

Mike: Hey, Caroline... How do Canadians say Tomarrto?

Caroline: Um.. Don't know about the others, but I say Tomayto.

Mike: How about u Justin? How do u guys in Malaysia say it?

Justin: Um.. To be honest, Most people in Malaysia would say TO.......MAH......TOE!

Lol..


And the girl on the left is Katherine.

So we call her Kat.

And she was like.. I need a nickname.. "How do you say Cat in Malaysia?"

And i was like... "Er.. Kuching?"

"Umm.. How about Chinese?"

"I think it's Mao"

Ok.. My Malaysian name is now.. KUCHING MAO! ..Ya know.. Like Kitty Kat?

Lol..

Yeah..



Australia's a cool place with many diverse people and cultures who're really friendly.

I think i just might take Kevin Rudd's offer and stay here for a lil bit.. ;)


That's all for now..

Hopefully I have a place the next time i update yall..

Wish me luck..!

Cheers!



Keeping all in prayer,



Captain Khoo

1 comment:

jisharks said...

yo jinn n mai...good to hear from u..i see u met my frend Jay...aite dats for now...take care mate..